Saturday, March 22, 2014

Secret Sewing and Pattern Writing

I've been super busy with things I couldn't/can't share just yet.  I'm working on getting at least three new patterns out in April.  I have more ideas and designs than there is time to get it all finished.  I'm also pattern testing for a few other people, but here are a few things that I can share.

This is a cowl design that I've been working on.  It's still on the needles for now, but so far I'm happy with how it's working up.  The Cascade 220 feels really good and I love this color.  It is called ocean, but for some reason I can't get the pictures to show the true color.  It's more of a denim blue than this grey color.

I made this "N" block for a surprise baby quilt for Kristen (kd_quilts).  We presented it to her at this month's meeting, so I couldn't show the block yet.  We used Tula Pink's pattern.

I love the way it turned out.  The blues and greens go so well together considering that none of knew what the others were using.

Chen did a great job with putting it all together.  She even made little blocks on the back and wrote our names on the quilt.

I'm working on a pair of socks using this beautiful hand painted Manos del Uruguay Alegria yarn.  No pattern just knitting every row the same to get really good at toes, heels, and binding off.   I taught myself to knit a few years ago and I have avoided socks because I knew my hands couldn't handle all those dpns.  I am so happy with toe up and magic loop.  I also absolutely love the fish lips kiss heel by Sox Therapist on Ravelry.
 
I made these Swarovski crystal Stitch markers for an Instagram swap.  I can't wait to see what I get back.
 
I have serious doubts that I'll have the border finished on this before the December part is e-mailed.
Once Upon a Time sampler by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.
 
I'm working on three quilt patterns (in various stages), and a bag pattern.
 
I hope you all will hang in there with me while I finish up my "secret sewing".  I have several free tutorials and patterns that I'll be sharing in the coming months.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you have been up to, sneaky girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. They mean so much to me.